Saturday, January 26, 2008

Being Strong


I would like to start by quoting my hero,Rocky Balboa.

"You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"

Giving up in life is very easy.But how many out there are ready to give their best knowing that they would still lose?How many out there are ready to push the boundaries of their capability?Exactly how many can stand up and say I CAN!!?

Not many i presume.I wish i could.I've always believed myself to be mediocre to say the least but at certain instances during my life i found myself surprised at certain results that i achieved when i had hoped for the worst.For example,i was faced with a certain situation couple of months before my 12th board exams where i missed most classes and even failed to cope up with the syllabus.I was emotionally worn out and almost gave up on myself that year.As a result on the verge of our preparatory holidays i was left with about half the syllabus yet to be done.With no additional tutoring and having not attended numerous important classes i saw no chance what so ever.But something told me i was better than that and i decided to at least go down fighting.After every paper i would come out disappointed feeling that i didn't do well enough.After a month i saw my results well actually asked my best friend to have a look first because i was too scared to do so myself.
I got 66%.Well may not be a great score but at least i went past the hurdle.Maybe all of us are capable of doing better than what we actually are.How do we explore this capability?Wish i knew but i think it is for each of us individuals to find it within us i presume.Imagine what can be achieved if we manage to change our fortunes through sheer determination.I am just a dreamer i guess but i believe now that i can do better in life.You can too.I think its time we start doing something about it.Thank you for patiently reading my first blog.
All i wish for is a better effort from everyone to make things better.Before we know it,little things would end up making a big difference to the world we live in.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

i couldnt resist myself 4rm readin ur blog..common man i have come across so many people in life but i do believe u hv dat extra zing wid u..so waitin 4 next.........

scribbleworld said...

I wish you could write something i don't Know....
Guess you can't....ever..